Sunday, April 01, 2012

Famous rolls @ Jenny Bakery

There have been many reviews for Jenny’s Bakery, but I still haven’t distinguished whether they are real western cookies or Chinese version of cookies so it hasn’t been on my priority list to try.

I only tried them recently when my friend got some, apparently they are the Taiwanese pineapple cakes/rolls. However the ones at Jenny bakery have a more crunchy buttery shortcrust.
The normal Taiwanese pineapple rolls are rectangle shaped, exactly like the fig rolls (see picture).

The ones at Jenny Bakery appear like cookies, the filling wrapped in the crust.
It smells very buttery and rich, and the filling is generous too, although everyone saids its Pineapple, to me the colour and taste is more like Apricot.
The texture of the whole roll is chewy, and the crust crumbles and gets mixed in with the filling.
Fig rolls
Fig rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...