Thursday, May 03, 2012

Your restaurant choice for desserts as well @ 金源小館 Your Restaurant

Usually I come here for Chinese food but I suddenly remembered they do desserts as well so went in to try some.
I was only intending to try two but in the end I tried four and there are two more I want to try as well.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This was the first time sitting on the outer table so I had a different view of the restaurant.
I saw these nice chandeliers and French style windows which was really interesting for a Chinese restaurant, but it really matched what I was trying today.
As there are no pictures of the chandeliers I am posting a few here.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I was rather surprised for such a Hong Kong style restaurant that they had western desserts and they even had home made ice-cream!!!!

The qualities of these desserts were really good! It was quite diverse that they cook local dishes and make western desserts.
While I was there, there was quite a few people buying desserts too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Caramel egg pudding
The rest of the desserts are served in plastic tubs and this one was taken out of the holder and put in a bowl.
The egg pudding was smooth and the caramel sauce was nice too with the usual bitterness.
The sauce was quite runny.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Tiramisu
I thought this was going to be heavy and creamy but it really surprised me because it was light and the sponge was soaked in some liquor which balanced out the creaminess of the mousse.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blueberry cheesecake
Again, this one tasted better than I thought, it was extremely light and the blueberries had been soaked and had some fizz to it when you ate it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Whisky ice-cream
I was quite full for ice-cream but the portion looked tiny so tried that as well.
The texture is similar to frozen cream and not ice-cream so the temperature of the dessert is not freezing cold like real ice-cream.
The whisky was strong but I found this dessert too heavy because it just tasted like heavy cream.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The price of these desserts were reasonable too at $19 per dessert.
Although I saw a non domestic furry friend in the kitchen it was better than seeing a six legged thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...