Friday, July 06, 2012

Girls night out at The Live House Bar

Although I do not drink, there are some times when your friends drink and you need to share the bill.
Luckily the alcoholic drinks are on promotion here after 9.30 which is a good time for unlucky buggers who have to OT until eight or nineish.

Fortunately time is timeless for me.
Anyway, met up with some babes and the place had a nice atmosphere.
On the day I went there was a band playing there which plays on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
[Posted this picture because the girls said they were handsome!]

Since some of them just finished work, food was ordered.
To start off with there were chicken wings and fried mushrooms.
The last time I had fried mushrooms was at this other pub selling burgers in CWB also on the basement floor.

The chicken wings were nice and had blue cheese dressing, there were three flavours Yuzu, honey and buffalo.
The deep fried mushrooms were the best, the mushroom inside remained juicy, and they were so nice it tasted nice with or without the sauce.
As a potato lover I loved the fish with mashed potato, the mashed potato was dense but silky which went well with the creamy sauce.
Next on was the pasta and I loved the seafood especially the clams and squid, the squid was cooked just right and it was tender and not rubbery.
Also tried the breaded lambchops however I was quite full from the pasta and mash.
The lamb was not gamey but I felt that the coating could have been lighter.
Even though I was full, I still tried the dessert.

The apple pie was apple and raisins enclosed in puff pastry but I felt that there were too many raisins in it.
However the other dessert was really nice, it was piping hot chocolate brownie and cold ice-cream on the outside. The cream that was heated up from the hot chocolate cake had this really nice heated milk aroma.
While the girls were drinking, I played digital darts. The tips of the darts are made of hard plastic, which has less chance of injuring people if it flew elsewhere!
Just realised I had forgotten to write about my drink which was non-alcoholic LATIN, a mix of pineapple juice, grapefruit and lemonade which was visually stunnng!
I don’t know when I’ll come again, but this place is well-equipped for budding young bands.
It would be cool if Fred Cheng 鄭俊弘's HOME band played here and I’ll be back definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...