Saturday, April 13, 2013

Black sugar and malt lollipops

華記永昌號名酒食品 (Causeway Bay)

I have always wanted to get Taiwanese food from here but did not know where it was.

Finally stumbled across it after dining at Keung Kee's for glutinous rice.

The items I wanted to buy such as the frozen cake was not there so I ended up getting these lollipops because they looked interesting.

It was a preserved plum embedded in candy, there was black sugar or malt and I couldn't decide so got both.



It looks like a fossilized preserved prune!!



The black sugar one tasted sugary and the malt one was my favourite because the taste was less sweet.
The preserved prune was salty and sour.

I am not sure if this is a traditional sweet, but it is interesting having a preserved prune with candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...