Sunday, May 19, 2013

Crispy tofu fish puffs @ Kam Wing Tai

甘永泰魚蛋 (Cheung Chau)

After trying these on my first visit, I was back for more.


They have two branches next to each other and I always go to this one.

I am slighty confused because some reviews say that it is minced prawn tofu puffs but the woman that sells it says that it is minced fish.


The exterior of this looks like smelly tofu with an interesting surface similar to loofah/bamboo pith.

This texture is created by slicing tofu puffs in half, turning it inside out, stuffing it with minced fish paste, sticking them on skewers and frying them.

The exterior is extremely crunchy, and the filling is slightly chewy with lovely fish taste.

It costs $10 per stick with table tissue wrapped around it which keeps my fingers lovely and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...