Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Not a very flat fish is it?

Western Papa (Sheung Wan)

Came here for the flatfish as stated on the menu and because they had pineapple juice.



★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Garlic butter toast:


There was a choice of toast or soup so I chose toast!
I think they meant garlic bread because it did not look like toast to me.
This was the only decent tasting item there.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Flat fish with rice:



There were chips or spaghetti as an option.
Luckily I chose rice because they serve crinkle cut chips.
I was a bit annoyed because they couldn't answer me what type of chips they served until I suggested different types of chips eg thin, thick, shoestring, or crinkle cut.
Anyway the fish (比目魚) did not look flat when it came, it looked more like cod.
The flatfish in UK are certainly not like this if you've had plaice or sole.
I googled flat fish and a majority of them were flat and did not look like this.
As for the taste, it was really fishy and tasteless, the sauce did not help either.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
White chicken curry:



The curry was not that pleasant, the ginger in it was strong and it was weird to have ginger in it.
The chicken did not taste that fresh and the rice was too wet and mushy.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Pineapple juice:


At first I thought it was great they had pineapple juice as a drink option!
It was not juice but Pineapple squash!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...