Thursday, June 06, 2013

The cake that does not need refrigeration

Maxim's Cake Shop (Wan Chai)

I was attracted by this cake because there is a pretty pink heart when you slice the cake.


When I saw the cake on display, I thought it was just a display cake, but they told me it was a cake that did not need refrigeration which was why it could be displayed outside the fridge.

It was quite interesting because there was butter cream on top which did not need refrigeration.

The fact that it did not need refrigeration was great because in this hot weather cream just melts and goes bad.

I did not hesitate and bought the cake for $108 because of the pink heart.

My cake looked slightly different from the product shot because the one on the product shot had macarons and the one I bought had rice paper flowers on top.


This cake was simple, it was basically a chocolate cake base with butter cream on top, decorated with tiny cute red, pink and white hearts, silver candy balls and the butter cream was scraped giving the track patterns on top.




When I opened the box, there was a strong chocolate smell which was promising.

After cutting the cake, there was a perfectly cute heart on the cross section.




The taste of this cake was really nice too, the texture of the chocolate cake was firm and slightly dry which was balanced by the smooth chocolate butter cream.

The cake itself is slightly oily because it does not need refrigeration and you can see the knife is slightly oily.

As a whole I was really impressed with this cake, it was delicious, visually amazing and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...