Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Head to 85 South!!

After having some crappy chicken nearby decided to check this place out.

I was so annoyed I didn't remember this place earlier because I could have tried the pulled sandwich instead of having crappy chicken.

85 South is an American diner offering Carolina barbeque fare of pulled pork and ribs.

Although I was full, I tried the slaw for $50 which is a sidedish.

On the table they have three types of sauces representing the South, East and West of Carolina:

‘South Sauce’ - honey mustard barbecue flavour
‘West Sauce’ - tomato and barbecue flavour
‘East Sauce’ - vinegar and peppery flavour

The restaurant is nicely decorated with lots of rustic wood and benches.



★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Slaw:


The slaw was presented in four cute scoops.

It was finely chopped cabbages in sweet vinegar sauce American style with a gorgeous crunch.
There was also a hint of peppery kick and bits of cracked black pepper and red chili which you can visually see.
Ideally for complementing pull pork and ribs but since I was full I had on its own which got a bit sweet.
This sidedish is probably suitable for four people to share.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Lastly you can leave your mark that you've been there.

Anyway, I'll be back for the smokin ribs and pulled pork!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Restaurant: 85 South
Address: 6-10 Kau U Fong, Central
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...