Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Clean roasted chestnuts

China Dragon Arts (Sheung Wan)

Walked past this shop after trying Man Mo Cafe, these small chestnuts that were merely bigger than hazelnuts in their shells caught my attention.



These chestnuts are from Tianjin and I was compelled to get them because they were contained in a wooden tub.


I never buy roasted Chestnuts in HK because they are always roasted on the street surrounded in black coal. It STINKS when they do that and I wonder if the person who roasts them gets cancer cos its seriously toxic!
The smell is so bad that it makes me choke and throw up.

The chestnuts were only $36 per pound and you get quite a lot in the bag and they still feel warm.
They are easy to eat as well because the chestnut lining does not stick to it and they taste sweet and not starchy.

I am definitely coming back for more.

Mandarin hotel also does chestnuts but I have never seen that stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...