Monday, August 25, 2014

Funky dandan noodle bar‏

Dandan caught my attention because of the manga style logo, bilingual menu and the whole place was just inviting.




Upon arrival I was greeted by Jerome who was dressed up like a Martial arts dude, a French expat who owns this place with his wife.


The decor definitely made the experience more enjoyable because it was modern and comfortable.

I ended up trying the dan dan la mian and the minced pork and zucchini dumplings.
Also on the menu were brownies and the disclaimer explaining it was not Sichuan was cute.


This place is going to be popular with expats who find local joints daunting.

Within a flash, my food arrived.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
dan dan la mian:

When it came, there was a lovely Sichuan pepper fragrance.
I started on the noodles which had a lovely al-dente texture, the strands were round and ribbed which hung the soup nicely.

The meat sauce on top was differerent to the ones I have tried in Hong Kong because the Sichuan pepper was more prominent than chili.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
minced pork and zucchini dumplings:

The dumplings were big and there were eight in a portion.
Each dumpling was plump and juicy and it came with a delicious dipping sauce made of chili, Sichuan pepper, spring onions and soy sauce which added more kick to it.


For improvements, I would like the skin to be thinner and possibly smaller dumplings because I found it hard to pick them up with my limited chopstick skills.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Lemon tea:

To finish off I had lemon tea which was nice and refreshing.
As well as lemon tea, there are other drinks as well.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Previously, this shop used to be Hero's, but now the Hero has gone, let's see how well these kick ass noodles do!

◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Dandan
Shop 101A, Grand Millennium Plaza, 181 Queen's Road Central, Sheung Wan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...