Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Not at its former glory and not comforting

Decided to come here for traditional Sunday roast because I have not been here for ages.

When I entered the bar, the carvery station had gone so I asked them if they were still doing it and they said the roast was served upstairs.

Went upstairs and the restaurant was almost empty on a Friday lunchtime.


Since my last visit, the roast has gone up from around $120 to $150 which is more expensive than having an expensive lunch in Central.
The roast comes with a soup, salad and tea.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Salmon chowder soup:


Started off with the soup which was starchy and had a strong potato taste with pieces of salmon in it.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Salad from the bar:
The salad is collected from the bar.
I was pretty annoyed and disappointed with the salad bar.
The selection was not as good as before and it had weird Asian things such as black fungus salad which you will not find in the UK or Ireland .
If I am paying $150 I don't expect to see Asian ingredients and I wish the selection was how it used to be which can be seen in the previous reviews.









★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Roast:
I got the roast from the carvery which was Beef and Limerick ham that day.

Again the vegetables selection was not as good as it used to be.
There was no spinach.








The plate of roast was not as good as it used to be but the Yorkshire pudding was still ok but parts of it did not rise properly.
I requested for some mint sauce which is normally served with lamb but I love it with Yorkshire pudding and gravy because there is vinegar in the minty sauce.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Tea:
Ended the meal with further disappointment.


They used to use tea leaves which had a bold tea taste but now they use teabags!!
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
I was angered by the fact that the prices have gone up and the quality has gone down.

After talking to the Chef, he confirmed that there are less people having roast which is why they don't serve it downstairs.

Anyway, I wonder how long before they will stop serving the roasts and I hope it does not end in the same fate as The Canny Man because they don't serve A la carte during lunch!

More photos of the restaurant.




◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...