Thursday, October 23, 2014

Great Vietnamese rolls at Bolaven Café

There used to be a branch of Bolaven in Wan Chai but sadly it closed before I got a chance to try it.

I don't often have Vietnamese food because Vietnamese food in general does not appeal to me.

The rice paper roll appealed to me because it had apples and pickles in it.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Apples and pickles rice paper roll:

Although this is not authentic Vietnamese rolls, I really enjoyed it because they used apple instead of traditional ingredients.
Without the sauce, it is sweet because of the apples with some tangy tones from the pickles.
When the savoury sauce was added, the taste was amazing because it made the rolls sweet and savoury. It had a lovely crunch from the pickles, apples and lettuce which was held together by the lettuce and chewy rice wrap.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Definitely returning for the other rice rolls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...