Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Organ world mania at Fei Jie

This joint serves chilled snacks which is a local haunt, whoever goes past is bound to queue up for a skewer.
As the queue is long, I have never bothered because I know that by time I get to the counter I don't know what I want because you don't have the menu in view until you get close to it.


There were only five people in the queue that day so I decided to give them a go.
Within a flash I was at the counter but I didn't really know what I wanted.
After quickly scouring the cabinet I wanted the octopus, small intestines and the turkey gizzards.

Luckily, they had a set which had all three.






★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Trio:


In the set, there was turkey gizzard, octopus and small intestines.


The sauces they put on it were mustard and Chinese sweet sauce which went surprisingly well together with the mustard sauce giving it that lovely sharp kick.
Overall I liked the octopus because it was springy and tender.
I didn't really like the chicken gizzard because it was too springy and crisp.
The small intestines were ok but not the best.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Fei Jie:
Shop 4A, 55 Dundas Street, Mong KoK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...