Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Big portions at The Grill Room

There are not many Australian restaurants in HK so the only Australian places I have tried are Flames, Seasalt, which serve specific things.
Since I have just tried this place, I intend to try Bellbrook too.


The Grill room is themed by these wolves which actually look like cute foxes.
I love the table sheets, which are so tempting to colour in if I had colouring pencils.




I ended up ordering too much because the portions were really big.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
For starters, I chose the sharing board which lets you choose 3 or 4 little bites and the portion was huge.
I had the mushrooms, chicken, clams and calamari.

+++++++
The calamari came with a lovely yoghurt sauce which was loaded with cucumbers.


+++++++
Sauteed mushrooms:
The mushrooms were quite creamy and great with toast.

+++++++
clams:
The clams were fresh and juicy with a nice white wine and chili flavouring.

+++++++
chicken:
These were crispy pieces of white chicken meat paired with a lovely peri peri sauce dip.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Cauliflower, almonds and crispy garlic:

The cauliflower had a strong buttery aroma and taste.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Slow braised beef cheek ragu fettucine:

The beef was soft and gelatinous as expected but the ragu sauce was a tad too spicy but I loved the cumin that was in it because it is a bit like chili con carne.
I think it should say spicy on the menu because Ragu is not usually spicy.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Crispy pork belly:

It is nice that the chef has marinated the pork belly with kumquat which gives the pork belly an interesting taste.

The buttery caramelized apples tasted great with the smoky pork belly.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Peri peri spring chicken

This tastes just as good as the chicken from Flames.
It was tender, juicy and flavourful.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...