Friday, July 10, 2015

Smashed duck (Indonesian duck confit)

I was in Causeway Bay because I wanted to try I See I See but I had to have lunch first so I was just walking along to see if anything took my fancy.
Ended up here because I wanted something different and the smashed duck caught my attention because the name was interesting and it looked like duck confit.


Went in and ordered it, the food came moderately fast.
They offer you gloves to eat the duck but I preferred using cutlery.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
Smashed duck:

The duck and rice had this tasty crispy stuff sprinkled on top and there was a wedge of raw cabbage, cucumber slices and two pieces of tofu.

There were two different pieces of tofu, one was an ordinary one and the other was a tofu patty.


I liked the tofu patty because its texture was mushy with an acidic taste.
As for the duck, it was nice but the meat was too dry otherwise I would have given this place top marks.
The dish costs $50 which is quite expensive for Indonesian food.
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎
Ayam Penyet Ria: 48 Jardine's cresent.Causeway Bay
The bill: $50

Service: OK
Service charge: no
Yummy factor: if only the duck wasn't dry
Portion sizes: reasonable
English Menu: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
◎ⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓢⓤⓟⓔⓡⓖⓘⓡⓛ◎

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...