Monday, March 14, 2016

Latin food debuts in Hong Kong

I was so glad I came here for lunch because I have never had Latin food before and there is live Latin beats which make it fun to dine there.







I liked their wooden cutlery.


Anyway, I had the lunch set which basically lets you sample most of the things on the menu.

++++++
Chimmichurri quinoa salad:


I love Chimmichurri anything because it is so refreshing and Chimmichurri quinoa was really appetizing and the shrimp they put in it was fresh and springy.

++++++
Sancocho:
For soup, they had Sancocho which is South American Stew.
It was the vegetarian version so I really liked it, it was light yet flavourful with lots of vegetables in it.



+++++
Empanadas:
These are fried dumplings served with sauce.
I have tried similar versions before at a Philipino joint and a Jamaican joint.
Anyway, these were filled with beef and tasted great with the sauce provided which is a bit like Chimmichurri.

On the side, there was Yuca which is a root vegetable that tastes like Taro.

+++
arepas rellenas:
These were Corn flour based pockets filled with chicken that look similar to roujiamas.
They were light and filling



++++++
For dessert, we finished with fruits.

++++++
PICADA:
16A Elgin Street
https://www.facebook.com/picadahk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...