Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Zongzi workshop at Kee Wah Bakery

I was really blessed to have attended the Zongzi workshop at Kee Wah Bakery because fewer people are taking on this tradition in this generation.


Usually Zongzi's are made by grandmas and mothers using their traditional recipes.

After my experience, I can understand why it is easier to buy them because they are quite hard to make and the final part binding is quite difficult.
Just when I thought it was finished, the zongzis need to be cooked for at least four hours before everything inside is fully cooked.

We made the vegetarian zongzi and the sweet one.

I added extra pickles in my vegetarian one because I love those pickles!~!~

How the zongzi is made:
Step 1: choosing the leaves to wrap the zongzi:

Step 2: forming the shape to put the fillings

Step 3: Putting the fillings in:


Step 4: Binding it

Here were mine, after they were cooked for 4 HOURS~~~~~
Delicious~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...