Friday, February 23, 2018

[I'Annam Banh Mi et Pho] In search of a good Banh Mi

I don't know why but there has been a spate of Vietnamese joints opening, be it pho, banh mi and you name it!
For me, I love Banh Mi because I have to have something filling in my day like bread, potatoes or rice.
Anyway, went here for the Banh Mi because they have some slightly different options and the drinks are worth checking out.

There are three Banh Mis which makes it incredibly hard to choose so I had two, the beef and the House special.
The third is vegetarian which I plan to try next time.
++
[I'Annam House Banh Mi]
When it came, it was pretty crammed with fillings and the taste was surprisingly good.
It was heavily buttered and the bun was to my liking ie crisp on the outside and soft with a chew.
The fillings inside were roast pork, minced meat, pate, pickles, thin layer of egg, Chinese celery and coriander.
The star of the show was actually the pate and minced meat filling because the minced meat had a spicy kick to it and it was very flavourful which helped excel everything.


++
[Shredded Beef short rib Banh Mi]
The beef short rib was not as fancy but still tasty especially if you like Southern pulled pork, you will love this and its spicy dressing and crunch of the pickles.

++
[Viet rice Noodles with Grilled Prawns]
The noodles are really filling and yummy when mixed with their fish sauce that isn't too salty with a sweet and sour twist to it.


++
For drinks had the pineapple and ice which is crammed with fresh chunks of pineapple which makes it a great thirst quencher.
[Pineapple and Ice]

++
The hot drink is a great thing to drink on a cold day with a lovely sweet cinnamon flavouring.
[Cinnamon and Lemongrass with Yellow Sugar]

++
[I'Annam Banh Mi et Pho 喜越]
Tel: 34604407
30 Yiu Wah Street

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...