Monday, April 16, 2018

Veg Indian paradise at [Sangeetha - 新意達]

I eat quite a lot of Indian food because it is one of my favourite Cuisines.
Recently I have started exploring Vegetarian Indian food when I realized there are quite a few in TST.
When I walked into Sangeetha, I was impressed to see that they make their own snacks because I normally buy these at Indian shops.

The menu was impressive and there was so much to choose from.

For Vadas, there was a good variety like Onion, pepper etc and the milkshake range too.
Started with the hazelnut milkshake which was very sweet.

It was really difficult making my mind up because every item was different and something I wanted to try.
Started with the onion vada which was crispy with lots of onions in it.
I was so glad I had this because most restaurants serve plain vada.

Next was the Idiyappam which is similar to rice vermicelli with coconut chutney and curry. The pairing of these were great as it balanced the fieriness of the spices.

Next was the Uttapam whichi is like a thick pancake with lots of peas in it. It was crisp on the surface with juicy sweet peas popping in your mouth.

For carbs, I had the fried mushroom rice and Sichuan fried noodles.

In my opinion, Indian fried rices and noodles are far less oily but then I am biased because I love long grain Indian rice which is fluffy and soft!
I really liked the fried rice because there was crisp lettuce in it which gave it a refreshing mouthfeel. The Palak Mutter was spicy but great with the rice.


Overall, this was the best experience because the staff were very patient and expat friendly so I will be coming back again.

[Sangeetha - 新意達]
UG 1-5 & 31, Wing On Plaza, 62 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...