Friday, April 20, 2018

[Cafe Malacca] Singmalay Tea Treats

[Cafe Malacca] located at Hotel Jen is a popular place for Singaporeans and Malaysians to hang out because you get the real deal there.
They are now serving Singapore and Malaysian Treats during Tea Time so it was a good opportunity for me to try all these treats which I have not tried before, these treats are also on the A la Carte menu so next time I know what to order.

Starting with the Savouries, there is Pie Tee, Chwee Kueh, Murtakbak and Curry Puff, moving on to the sweets, there are Kuih Dadar, Kaya Toast and Durian Pudding which comes with Kopi-O or Teh Tarik for $288 with an extra 10% service charge.

All the savouries were equally as good but my favourite had to be the Chwee Kueh which is like savoury rice pudding topped with preserved radish and sambal sauce.

It was my first time trying the Murtakbak and it tasted like a stuffed square puff pastry balanced by the pickles on top.

Moving on to the sweets, the creamy durian pudding was amazing and the kaya toasts are always my favourite because I love pandan, just like the Kuih Dadar pandan crepe rolls filled with coconut.


To finish off, the Kopi-O and Teh Tarik were a perfect ending.

I am so glad I tried this and the Tea Set is great way of sampling these Singmalay delights if you are new to it!

[Cafe Malacca]
2/F Hotel Jen,
508 Queens's Road West, Shek Tong Tsui, Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...