Sunday, June 10, 2018

[National Swedish Day] celebration in Hong Kong

It has been pouring with rain for the past few days and I am so glad the rain stopped for [National Day and Midsummer the longest day of the year in Sweden] as there was a joyous celebration for it in Hong Kong!

It was a great event for families with children with a 3.5-meter tall maypole with folk music live performance.


There was Swedish treats which were delicious especially the Smörgåstårta, "sandwich cake" which is neither a cake or a sandwich but I loved it because the bread was smothered in creamy mayonnaise topped with shrimp.



After filling myself with treats, I hydrated myself with Bluewater (mineral water).

It was fun taking part in the flower crown making workshop where I made a lovely crown with pretty pink carnations.

This event has definitely enlightened me to travel to Sweden so I plan to make a trip there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...