Monday, October 01, 2018

[A Happy Pancake] has landed in Hong Kong

This is the good thing about HK, you don't have to travel anywhere if the franchise maintains a good standard.

With these overseas branches, it is best to try it during the first few weeks when the main chefs are there and before they try adapting or changing some ingredients.

Anyway, tried the savoury first as I didn't have breakfast.
It was nice and fluffy with wheat inside it and there was no overwhelming buttery taste and they do not use baking soda.

For the savory choices, I felt that this one was a good choice as the others were mainly omelettes so that's quite a lot of egg in one ago along with the pancakes which are also made of egg.
For the sweet, the signature and the Milk Tea were tempting but chose the milk tea because as it was Japanese, I was giving it the benefit of the doubt that it would not be Chinese style milk tea!!!!!
It turned out to be delicious but it is quite sweet so don't dip too much sauce on the pancakes.
The sauce tasted like a mix of earl grey and condensed milk but as I said it was sweet so I didn't use much of it.
Also on top of the pancakes were granola and dried apples which I liked.


Overall, I loved the souffle pancakes as it didn't have that annoying weird buttery smell and I hope they can maintain the standards.

[A Happy Pancake 幸福班戟]
Shop 203-205, 2/F, Lee Garden Three, 1 Sunning Road, Causeway Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...