Thursday, May 16, 2019

McCafe's 20th Birthday in Hong Kong - Rainbow Cake

If it wasn't for this new tea series and rainbow cake I wouldn't have known that McCafe has been in Hong Kong for 20 years. I remember going to a McCafe near North Point MTR station but not sure if that was the first branch.
Anyway,  I happened to be in Fortress Hill so went in for the new Tea!

Out of the drinks choice, I wasn't keen on the Four Seasons Tea because it was tasteless from the shops I have tried before, but still ordered it as it was the only tea choice available.

Spotted the rainbow cake so got that as well.


The bill came to HKD35.

Visually the cup was nice with rainbows on it and there was a decent amount of cheese froth on top.

The cake was topped with colourful candy pearls.

As each layer was a different colour,  I tried each layer to see if the colour made any different but it just tastes the same. The cake was soft, fluffy and not too sweet.

Finished off with the Four Seasons tea which gave me a surprise because it had a strong taste compared to the ones I have tried before.
On top of the cheese foam, there was some dried tea leaves which enhances the tea flavour when they get in your mouth and you end up chewing them.
The cheese foam texture was thick like double cream but I find it strange they call it cheese because it wasn't cheesy but sweetened.
Anyhow the thick creamy cap and the tea were a match made in heaven. 

I felt quite content after having the cake and drink because I didn't feel thirsty or have any strange aftertaste in my mouth.
Definitely will be back to try the berries drink as strawberries and thick cream go so well together.


#McCafehk #McCafe #HongKong #foodie #rainbowcake #20thanniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...