Sunday, April 21, 2019

J'adore [Trois Cafe]

Tit Hong Lane is a shabby alley in Central but all that has changed.
There is a new hip coffee joint.
As I don't drink coffee I ordered the EARL GREY tea and I was just expecting the usual tea served in a paper cup or pot.
The barista said she was going to come over and serve it which got me thinking as it was just tea while this other patron got a buzzer to go and collect his drink.

While I was waiting I saw this Chinese Tea set on the counter which is obviously for Chinese tea I thought.

Took a look at the food menu which was highly alluring so I will have to come back with friends as they have so many choices.
You can get sandwiches with a choice of ciabatta, foccacia or croissant.
The fillings are hard to decide as they have prosciutto with Camembert to tomato with sour cream and black peppercorn or a sweet twist with mixed berries and cream cheese.

Then for lunch, there is steak, but the crispy chicken sounds interesting as it has crushed pistachio.
The Japanese charsiu needs imagination though as it comes with American cheese.
Anyway, I've got to try it another time.

The tea took a while so I couldn't resist and took a peek.
To my surprise, I saw the tea being prepared in the Chinese Tea Set which explains why she had to come and serve it.
I wish I hasn't looked as it would have been a bigger wow moment when it came.

Anyway, it was still a surprise when it came because I have never had Earl Grey Tea served in a Chinese way.
The tall cup lets you smell the tea before you drink it.



There are samples of the tea leaves for you to see and a fact sheet.


Overall the tea was aromatic and it was definitely a memorable experience.

I also tried the cute little muffin as well which was delicious.

Definitely enjoyed my time there and the decor is a mix of modern and old.
On one side you can see part of the exposed wall with bricks.

[Trois Cafe] Tit Hong Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...