Thursday, September 21, 2023

Stylish and quick Vietnamese fare at HOP Vietnamese

Discovered HOP Vietnamese while I was at Bond Street so went in to have a look.
I was impressed by the colourful decor and modern vibes with the self ordering, it feels like LEON but with Vietnamese fare in terms of the design, the concept of healthy food and the speed.
Again, the same story, this is another restaurant founded by a banker/financial analyst bored with their job.
I ended up trying the Bond Street restaurant and the one at London Wall.
The Bond Street branch is compact but has everything while the London Wall branch features a 50/50 space of dining and self ordering kiosks.
My first visit was at the Bond Street branch where I had the peach rice pudding for dessert.
To be honest, there is something similar but not like this in Vietnam but I had to have it because it was so English and rice pudding is dying breed in this day and age.
Unfortunately, it was too sweet because it had caramel sauce as well as peach sauce.
It was supposed to come with peanuts but I changed for coconut.
The next day, I visited the London Wall branch for lunch and had the Satay Chicken hop box.
It was a balanced meal so you get equal amounts of salad, rice and chicken.
However, I was still a little hungry even though I had a side as well because I need my carbs.
Anyway, the satay chicken was simply delicious, the sweetness and creaminess was just right and the chicken was tender because it was thigh meat.
The pork ribs were ok but on the sweet side so I was glad I did not get the ribs HOP Box.
Also had the Naked Broth which was vegetarian, it reminded me of chicken bovril as the taste was yeasty and herby while chickeny even though there is no meat in it.
Overall, I was impressed by the food and definitely loved the stylish foil boxes and how the food was laid out.
I may come back to try the coconut curry and when they have something new.

HOP Vietnamese:
London Wall and West One





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...