Thursday, April 21, 2016

Get ready for an Indian Summer

When I saw Juhu Beach club listed, I thought it was an American bar but it was far more exciting than just a chillaxing restaurant.
What surprised me was that they have branches in the US and the food has an Indian touch to it.
In the US, they have these popular waffles made of Indian dosa batter, which has a different taste and texture.
By just looking at the food pictures you would never have guessed that it was Indian.

I went for brunch and there were so many things to try that I went three times.
Most of the dishes are the same as the US Juhu but some vegetables and fruit may vary because of sourcing issues.
The décor is the same as the US restaurants but I would like to see more of the pretty wallpaper at the far back near the toilets to dominate the whole restaurant.


As for the food, it was quite spicy which is interesting because I didn’t think it would be that spicy.

Anyway, here was what I had over three visits:

++++++
Bhel salad:

Basically it was puffed rice with purple potatoes and local vegetables which is slightly different to the US version.

You pour it in the bowl and mix the sauce together.
I found the sauce quite spicy so I didn't mix it all.
It was a nice spicy crunchy mix with vegetables, pickles and grapes.
++++++
fruit chaat:

This was fruits and yoghurts, a nice refreshing starter.
++++++
classic doswaffle:

I love the doswaffles here because it has a sour taste and the taste is just different.
It was topped with spicy roasted potatoes, coconut chutney and lentil soup.

++++++
The hangover cure:

I thought this was wicked, bacon fried rice but I wish there was more bacon.
Again, this is quite spicy!

++++++
Bombay sandwich:

This is a must because it is such a delicious vegetarian cheese sandwich with beetroot, chaat masala and tomato soup.

++++++
Preeti’s seasonal doswaffle:

This is similar to the classic waffle but it is not spicy with delicious veggies.
++++++
nutella banana doswaffle:

The banana doswaffle that I had was good because it didn't have mango as shown on Instagram and the nutella was hidden beneath the waffle.

++++++
Nimbu pani:

For drinks had the nimbu which is cilantro lemonade and cumin.
An exotic taste I would say.
++++++
Sassy lassi:

The sassy lassi was sweet and savoury with lime yoghurt and mango, great for soothing a hot palette.
++++++
Juhu beach club:
https://www.facebook.com/JuhuBeachClubHK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...