Wednesday, August 07, 2019

[華香雞] Persistence and Passion

Wah Heung Chicken has been around for ages, according to the OR directory, WH Chicken has been at 18 different locations.

I vaguely remember it at Wanchai.

The fact that there were 18 locations before got me curious so I googled this restaurant and found out that the owner is really passionate about chicken that he worked at KFC to learn the tricks of the trade.

I believe Kwun Tong is now the best spot for it because the kitchen is nice and big to whip up the best dishes and the dining area can seat lots of people during lunch while the big tables would be good for big gatherings in the evenings and weekends.

Finally gave WHC a visit during lunch and I was happy for once that the food in KWUNTONG was not too salty.
I was really impressed they had water because I don't like Chinese drinks so water is always the best.


Overall you can feel the passion at the restaurant.

Every now and then they will have talks on how to be a better vegan.


They even have bowl feast for people to order.


I had trouble with the menu but the staff were really patient at explaining the dishes.


I ordered lunch with no regrets because I really wanted to try the rice vermicelli and turmeric rice. For the chicken, they have three types: signature and the wine infused chicken.

Ordered one each with the rice and vermicelli.
For the signature chicken, you can choose three different sauces: spicy, spring onion and ginger, the sa cha sauce.


Before I talk about the chicken, the vermicelli was the best I have had in a while because it was not sweet by default and the soy sauce they used was a good one.

The rice was also as good as expected because I love carbs but perhaps the turmeric could have been stronger.

As for the chicken, both were good but I liked the wine infused one because it had the extra punch while the signature relies on the sauces.

Will definitely come back in the evening and try the bigger dishes.

[華香雞]
 Shop 9-11, 1/F, Sing Win Factory Building, 15-17 Shing Yip Street,, Kwun Tong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...