Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Laksa at Uncle Lim's

My first bowl of Laksa was at Katong Laksa, I have been addicted ever since even though it can be too spicy at some times to be tolerated.
If Laksa is on the menu, it has to be ordered.
Since then I have been compiling a singamalay series on my blog and openrice but after a few, you get to know what a good one is from the presentation and taste.
I got a fair share of Singaporean and Malaysian Laksa in Hong Kong even though some places may have closed for good and new ones have popped up but in the UK I have not tried many.
Before I go, I usually check their menu and photos to see if its the real deal.
The laksa at Uncle Lim's looked the part with thin rice vermicelli, tofu puffs in a strong looking broth.
On the menu they also had mee siam and prawn mee which show they serve truly Singmalay dishes.

Visited Uncle Lim's and ordered the Laksa.
When it came, it looked consistent just like the photos with that strong looking broth and lots of tofu puffs.
The rice vermicelli was not too spicy followed by an aromatic broth, taking a sip of the broth I realized it was quite spicy.
Overall, it was really good and tasted how it should be so next time I will be trying another noodle for comparison.

On a side note, as I was paying through card, I had to use the order from table thing but I didn't have the internet so it was helpful that they helped me through with ordering and then I entered my details.
The only scary thing is the card payment so hopefully their phone didn't get hacked or I'm screwed.
Anyway time will tell, so next time I will have some cash ready to pay.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...