Monday, May 31, 2021

Bahn Cuon and pho at Viet2go

To be honest, I am not a fan of Vietnamese food because Hongkongized Vietnamese food has put me off it especially the cloyingly sweet broths which are a recipe for disaster but loved by the locals there.
Anyway, went to Viet2go for pho which was recommended by someone as they said the broth was very hydrating.

I have been planning to go for a year but due to Covid I had to wait.
You can get takeaways but it is not the same as eating it fresh from the kitchen.
Finally made it one evening.
Ordered two pho noodles, one was Tofu and the other was Rare Beef where both broths are the same.
The beef was surprisingly good and I liked the way they were thinly sliced.
The tofu was to my liking as it was lightly fried on the outside.



However the star of the show was the BBQ pork Bahn Cuon, again the bbq pork was thinly sliced like bacon with the belly cut which was enjoyable as it was not too dry or tough.
The bahn cuon had this lovely thin and elastic texture so as a whole it was so tasty with the crispy garlic and shallot toppings.

Also had the summer roll but I thought they were a bit plain as it was like 20% avocado and pork and the rest was noodle and salad.
Overall, I will be back for the Bahn cuon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...