Friday, April 15, 2022

Fish tea and Jamaican red bream fish stew from Brixton Caribbean Food

Brixton Caribbean Food is a popular and busy joint in West Croydon.
From the entrance you will see all the food behind the glass cabinet.
I have to admit, the fish at this place won my heart as I was drawn to the lovely red bream stew with okra.
As expected it tasted amazing and it was only 3.50, the carrots and okra were flavourful and soft to my liking.








Fish tea is a must in Caribbean food, you will find it at almost every Caribbean place.
As well as the restaurant ones, you can also get instant ones at the supermarkets.
I tried my very first fish tea at Brixton Caribbean Food.
Apart from being too salty, the soup was amazing with a strong fish taste and it also had my favourite okra and other vegetables.
The only thing is that you have to be careful with fish bones.


 

Mannish water!
Jamaican aphrodisiac.
It gets its name from the fact that it's prepared by men most of the time and has some "special" benefits.
Mannish water is made from the goat's head, intestines, testicles, and feet.



Jamaican chicken feet curry:
Just like their curries, the chicken feet curry was delicious, you get that lovely heat from the chilli which is short and punchy.
It has the same heat and taste as their curry goat but you get these gelatinous pieces of chicken feet and tasty diced carrots.
I've had my fair share of Jamaican food and this is the only place that has chicken feet and which is a Friday special.



Stewed peas:
This was another delicious Friday special, which is chicken, kidney beans and spinners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...