Friday, May 13, 2022

Comforting Pho at Rao deli

In UK, I have no fuss or complaints with Vietnamese food but I found myself avoiding it in HK because the quality and taste is so different from UK.
The ones I like in Hong Kong are Fuhn and Chua Lam's Pho because they taste just like the ones in the UK so basically North American Pho style.
Rao Deli is another decent place for pho in London with its hearty beef bro and slow cooked beef.
Went here twice because it was that good.
On the first visit, I had the tender boneless chicken thigh and on the second visit I had the original slow cooked beef and rare beef. 
Tried the broth first on the first visit which instantly got me hooked because of the strong herbs yet the broth was clear and light free from a layer of oil.
However I felt that the broth was different for the chicken and the beef which called for the second visit for the beef.
Both were equally as good and I must say their beef was impressive as I only eat good beef so polished all the beef from the bowl as it was tasty and fresh.
My favourite was the rare beef which was tender and delicious.
Vietnamese pho can get really spicy towards the end so I like to have my chilli served separate.
The tip is to add a few pieces of chilli and take them out asap when the broth has your desired level of spiciness.



Rao Deli:
304 Borough High St, London SE1 1JJ



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...