Tuesday, May 03, 2022

Trullo vs Padella for Spinach Tagliairini with nettles, nutmeg and egg yolk

It's spring tis the season for nettle!
At Padella and Trullo, Spinach Tagliairini with nettles, nutmeg and egg yolk is served.
A stunning dish of tagliarini in green sauce topped with a runny egg yolk.
Padella and Trullo both belong to Tim Siadatan and Jordan Frieda who are the creators behind these two restaurants.
Trullo first opened in 2010 and then followed by Padella in the 2016 offering affordable pastas staring from £5.
I dined at Padella in 2019 when the basic pasta was £5 and now 2022, it has gone up to £10.
Anyway, my latest visit was the Spinach Tagliarini with nettles which is a seasonal pasta that can't be missed and I went to both Padella and Trullo to see which place fared better.
Interestingly, at Padella the dish costs £14 while it cost £13 at Trullo and now you will find that the prices of pasta at Padella level up with Trullo!!
Padella was my first stop for lunch and these green noodles did not disappoint, they were really flavourful and when you mix that egg yolk, you get a burst of saltiness as there are some salt crystals on the yolk.







After having a great afternoon went to Trullo for dinner.
Started with the Spinach Tagliarini with nettles, you could visually see more sauce on this but the yolk was smaller.
As for the taste, I felt that the Spinach tagliarini tasted better here than Padella because the flavours and saltiness were balanced and there was more sauce.
I was still hungry so I had Tagliarini with chopped mussels, chilli, garlic, and wild oregano.
To my surprised it tasted to my liking so I was really impressed and the taste was so moreish because of the lemon which was not stated on the menu.
However, it appears that it does contain Almafi lemon on their 2019 post on instagram.
The sauce was so good that I needed a spoon to finish the sauce and chopped up mussels.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...