Friday, December 09, 2022

IKEA Turkey with sage and onion Christmas Dinner

Like I always say, good food is partly luck and the right timing and clearly I went the wrong time.
In mid November I was on IKEA's website and discovered the Christmas Dinner which was apparently already available if it said "available until 23rd of December" however when I went to the restaurant it was not available yet.
It was quite disappointing because if its not ready yet then the website should at least give a date.
I visited two big stores and they didn't have it.
The Christmas dinner was finally available on my recent visit so I tried the Turkey Paupiette and Kale Roulade which is vegan.
There is supposed to be black forest roulade on offer according to their website but they didn't have it.
It was definitely a bargain for that price but almost everything was a bit dry and burnt especially the Kale roulade where you can whack it with a spoon and get noises.
Similarly with the turkey, it was dehydrated that you can see where the turkey has dried off and gone a dark pink. Only the stuffing in the middle was normal and tasty.
The bit I enjoyed most was the edible purple cabbage and gravy.
I also got the pigs and blankets which were just dry and chewy as well.
After I finished my meal, I saw a fresh batch of Kale Roulade come out how they were supposed to, you could even see the pieces of orange sweet potato contrasting the green kale!
It shows IKEA can serve it how it should be, but it was just my luck that I wasn't able to enjoy it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...