Thursday, December 01, 2022

Yakisoba and chocolate mochi button review at Wasabi Sushi and Bento

Clueless what to eat as there was not much to offer in a particular area in London I dined at WASABI.
I had the Vegan Chi’king Katsu with Yakisoba Noodles.
Quorn savoury fillets, made with Mycoprotein and coated in panko breadcrumbs, served with stir-fried yakisoba noodles mixed with vegetables.
The quorn fillets were rather dry but the yakisoba was tasty but a bit too soft.
I remember a few years ago I had the curry tofu and it was really tasty as their curry isn't too sweet like the Asian ones.


Friend had the Tofu Tom Yum:
Tofu, fresh crunchy veg, rice noodles, fragrant spices & herbs all mixed up in a flavourful creamy coconut broth.

Also had the Chocolate mochi button which I am kicking myself why I didn't try earlier.
It is so different to the Mochi is Asia which is too soft and sticky.
The mochi button had a really nice firm chew almost like a gummy texture but it was not that gummy.
Just like tofu, I do not have an Asian palate to appreciate the smooth pudding like texture, I prefer it firm.
Despite being vegan, the chocolate coating and chocolate filling was really tasty without being too sweet.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...