Thursday, January 05, 2023

UYGHUR style Lamb Hoof Pachaq at Turpan

I am so glad I tried this place for the Lamb Hoof Pachaq.
Initially I thought it was the same as Xinjiang and Uzbek cuisine because of the menu but it turns out Uyghur food is similar.
Anyway, I didn't try the similar items so went for the Lamb hoof because you don't see it elsewhere and I haven't had lamb hoof even though i've had chicken feet, pigs trotters and cow trotters.
The dish was how I expected it to be.
It was soft and gelatinous with a nice heat and spice from the dried chillis and Sichuan peppercorns which makes it similar to Sichuan dry hot pot stir fry.
The menu states 5 pieces, you will find the trotter sliced in half vertically with some bone marrow in them but not much.
Also had it with rice which I thought was going to be plain but they put some sort of milk and butter in it which makes it quite heavy.
Overall the lamb hooves are recommended if you like soft and gelatinous pigs trotters.
It would be good if the hoof had the hair completely removed because I ended up wasting the skin because of it.
The dish also reminded me of these Gurkha pigs trotters KHUTTA KO ACHAAR which are also spicy.

Menu:




Turpan:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...