Friday, February 10, 2023

Haggis all year round at Deeney's in Leyton

One can only think of Haggis when they think of Scots and Burn's Night but if you are craving for some Haggis, you can get your fix at Leyton where they specialize in Haggis cheese toasties and Haggis breakfasts.
As well as Haggis, they have it all like the Square sausage (Lorne sausage), potato scones as well as veggie haggis and Scottish Breakfast tea.
It was a really difficult choice but I thought I would save breakfast for the next visit and have the haggis cheese toastie and some extra sides.
Ended up choosing Macbeth over Hamish Macbeth because I wanted to appreciate the haggis but you can take it to the next level with an extra fried egg with the Hamish Macbeth which has bacon.
Also, on the side, I ordered a square sausage, veggie haggis and tattie potato scones with Scottish tea.

The haggis cheese toastie was seriously good as expected because the pairing of cheese and haggis is a match made in heaven, the mustard in it was a smart way of making it not so heavy but I didn't like the caramelized onions because I found them a bit sweet for my palate.
Tattie scone:



Square sausage:



To finish off, I had Scottish breakfast tea which is somewhat stronger than English Breakfast tea so it was a great way to wash down the toastie.


Overall, a great place to have brunch with more seating downstairs and female toilets were thoughtfully equipped for the ladies.

Deeney's:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...