Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Exploring Polish Cuisine at Mamuska

I love trying different cuisines but often there is a language barrier as well as menus that are not in English.
Came across Mamuska in Waterloo which is a Polish restaurant that is worth trying to discover Polish food.
The restaurant is located under a train arch and it was nicely decorated with bits and bobs that make it look Polish like the letterbox, road signs etc.
Although I have not visited Poland before, I felt that the menu was a good representation based on my findings at the local Polish supermarket.
The menu and layout was good as it was descriptive with a personal touch laid out with pictures like a big establishment.
They offer English food as well so it shows they know the food here as well as theirs.
I liked the way they have given their dishes a Christmas twist like the dumplings filled with turkey and gravy even though turkey is not traditionally eaten in Poland.
Just for fun, I ordered that.
The dumplings were surprisingly nice with finely grounded turkey meat complemented by the gravy and cranberry sauce.
The only thing I didn't like were the sunflower seeds which are a popular thing in Poland.
I plan to return but it takes a long time for food to arrive even when they were not busy.
#ssglondoneats











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...