Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Khinkali (Georgian Dumplings) at the Canopy Market by Georgian Cuisine Ltd (khinkali House)

My geography is bad so I've never heard of a country called Georgia until today when I tried a Georgian dumpling called Khinkali.
Visually it looks like a Xiaolongbao but bigger like a garlic bulb and a thick stalk.
The fillings are either beef, mushrooms or cheese so I tried cheese to compare it to a Nepalese momo dumpling which look visually similar but the Nepalese one is smaller and can be steamed or fried.
The cheese used in the Khinkali was a blend so I found it a bit too heavy and creamy but had a nice cheese pull.
100% Cheddar would have been nice but that's my English palate.
Overall, I am glad I tried.
This calls for a visit to Little Georgia, Islington.
@canopy_market






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...