Saturday, November 14, 2020

Okra soup at African Delicacy Restaurant

After trying the Swallow meal and delicious Moi Moi, I was back for the Okra soup which cost £7.
The reason I like okra soup is because it is like a African version of Louisana gumbo soup with okra, fish, beef and cows foot.
There are many different versions of okra soup because some put fresh crabs, fresh prawns, tripe and whatever they fancy.
Since there was some roast chicken and rice at home, I requested for plain Okra soup without the pounded yam.
The okro soup I had was a full portion and freshly made which lasted for so many meals.
It was blended finely hence the reason you can't see the okra seeds.
Due to its signature slimey nature, I think the Japanese would love plain okra soup which is similar to freshly ground yam, natto beans and sliced okra served with sushi rice in a donburi.
My first impressions for ADR's okra soup was the lovely lightness and you could smell the okra followed by a mild fiery kick.
It was perfect that it was not too salty.
So to accompany my okra soup, I had it with roast chicken and rice so the okra acted like gravy hence the reason I am going to buy some chips later so it will be like okra gravy and chips.
As well as a tasty dish, I'm beginning to think that okra soup would be a good side dish for the elderly who require food thickeners to help them swallow their food.
Will be revisiting ADR again for something new.



Further reading:
Moi Moi, Swallow meal and sweet dumpling at ADR:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...