Saturday, October 28, 2023

Late night fry up at the 24 hour Smithfield Cafe

As a late night foodie, the streets surrounding Smithfields market are a haven for late night/24 hour greasy spoons!
Imagine having a fry up at 12am.
Before visiting the historic Smithfields market, I decided to get some food so went to Smithfield Cafe, an old school caff owned by a Flipino.
I was really tempted for a fry up but had a jacket potato with black pudding and fried egg.
Everything was beautiful and not a bit greasy or heavy.
I'm so glad I tried the black pudding which was very different to the ones you get at the usual greasy spoons, there were more oats in ratio to blood/fat which makes it firm with a chew.
I love the handwritten menu on the window but they do they cards!!
Will definitely check out the other caffs in the area before they disappears since Smithfields is likely to move in the next 10-20 years.
Just like caffs, the prices are down to earth.
My plate was only a fiver.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...