Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The pretty vegan jam jar cake from Cream Dream

Spotted this girly pink cafe while I was in the area so went in to have a look.
It turns out to be a Ukrainian cafe which was certainly unique as there are not enough of them.
The cafe menu was really extensive from teas, lemonade to eclairs.
What I found impressive was that they even had the modern instaworthy drinks like pink dragonfruit matcha, tarragon lemonade to butterfly pea as well sea buckthorn tea.
On Tuesdays, Thurs and Fridays they serve Ukrainian dumplings.
The first visit, there was a friendly girl who was really patient at explaining the food and drink but unfortunately I had errands that day so couldn't dine there.
After researching this place, it turns out that this cafe is opened by a Ukrainian refugee.
Returned to try it out but unfortunately, the girl who I met on the last visit wasn't there.
I didn't particularly enjoy this visit because the bar staff felt I had intruded his chat time with other staff when I ordered.
The thing is, their pastries are not cheap starting from £7 for an eclair to £11 for a cake which makes it comparable to Harrods and other biggies.
The cake I had was £11 so I would expect it to be handled delicately because I was hoping to get a nice photo of it but the ribbon part got deformed but luckily I got a picture of it in the cabinet before it got deformed.
Interestingly, no napkins were provided until asked.
The lights upstairs were rather dark so they had them fully turned on when requested.
Surely, wouldn't they want nice photos of their cafe/food in brighter lighting.
The Cherry Chocolate Cake which was vegan was quite nice, it was filled with fresh cherries, cherry pure, white vanilla cream, chocolate biscuit and all covered in white chocolate.
#ssglondoneats













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...