Sunday, March 17, 2024

Soybean soup with scallops at ichijuissai

As I was leaving Admiralty MTR, I noticed this Japanese food joint right next to Hana Musubi so went in and had a look.
Just like HM, they also did soybean soup which they call potage.
There are various soybean soups to choose from so I suspect the soup base is the same with the different ingredients of your choice plonked in.
The simplistic menu and options at this place reminded me of Muji meals.
One of the captivating rice options was the plain rice with crab tomalley and miso.
Since I was having dinner that night, I settled for the soybean soup with scallop and radish.
Just as suspected it was the soybean broth with scallops and radish added.
I felt that the soup was a little disappointing because you couldn't really taste the soybean flavour like Hana Musubi and it was rather bland and boring.
The rice with crab tomalley is probably a better choice.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...