Monday, May 29, 2017

Dr. Fern's Gin Parlour

While death and being sick in Hong Kong is a taboo, Dr. Fern's Gin Parlour is breaking this taboo at the Landmark.
Not familiar to HKers, I found the entrance very comforting as it was very similar to the Doctors place where I went as a child because I come from a Victorian seaside town.
There are two doors, both have frosted wired glass panes. One says waiting room while the other is the Doctors room.
I doubt HKers could relate to the surroundings but it is definitely a brilliant hideout with a good variety of gins.
Inside you will find old fashioned furniture and decor which transport you back to the Victorian era.





I was there for coffee and I have to admit the coffee was really good as a non coffee drinker because it was very aromatic, the temperature was just right and there was no sour aftertaste.

The receipt could do with more humour though with diagnosis and prescriptions added to it and for fun you can try submitting it to your company account dept and see if they fall for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUyIsJrlVmk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...