Sunday, November 10, 2019

[Review] Tea at Cafe Aroma

Cafe Aroma is located on Ocklynge Road which is not on the main road to Town so I wouldn't have found out if I wasn't near Motcombe swimming pool.
From a glance of the front of the cafe, you never would have guessed it was tea house as the windows were in a frosted like state so it was hard to see how it looked inside.


When I got closer, the menu on the board had Fish cakes, pie etc so went back during the weekend.


The cafe was almost full when I went but there were two more tables at the far back near the cake cabinet.

You are greeted with lots of tea pots and plates.





The ambiance is cosy.




The menu:




As a tea lover, there were about 10 teas so it was hard deciding, some blends were obviously what they were except Miss Norris and Russian.
Being adventurous and spoilt for choice I had Miss Norris.

The teas came served in beautiful tea pots with a strainer.


My tea had a floral note of rose which smelled like Damascus Rose Tea but the taste was quite pleasant.
After asking the owner about the tea, found out there was Rose, Violets and Jasmine in the blend.

For food, had a pudding since I had already had lunch.
All the puddings and cakes were home made by Bryan.
I tried the apple and peach sponge with custard which was appetizing because of the tart apples while the sponge was complemented by the custard.

Overall, a lovely place for tea on an off beaten path.

Cafe aroma:
54 Ocklynge Road
Eastbourne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...