Wednesday, November 06, 2019

Chinese buffet at Young Cheng 陽城小菜館 (阳城小菜馆)

I was on my way to try Wong Kei but the food which you could see from the windows at Young Cheung captivated me to try it.
Judging by the non Asian diners, I knew that the food would be to my liking.
It is not authentic Chinese food but adapted to UK style.
Young Cheng is a Chinese buffet where you will find curry, sweet and sour, fried items and all that.
The seating on the ground floor is cramped but there is more seating upstairs but as a buffet it would be annoying going and up and down so I got a takeaway which was only 6.50 where you get what you can fit in the box.
In my box, I had Singapore vermicelli, fish cutlets, salt and pepper ribs, sweet and sour chicken, satay sauce, curry sauce, plain rice and tofu.
Although the Singapore vermicelli lacked colour, it was actually tasty and full of curry spices, the fish cutlet was soft and the satay peanut sauce was simply delicious.
The meat was a bit dry but if I visit again, I am definitely coming back for more rice vermicelli, fish cutlet, tofu and lashings of peanut sauce.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...