Friday, June 25, 2021

Classic Egyptian Koshary at Koshary Kitchen

I was drawn to Koshary Kitchen because I have only had one Egyptian meal so far and the food served at Koshary Kitchen was really different from that.
At Koshary Kitchen, they serve modern Koshary where you can mix and add things.
You can build and customize your bowls or choose the Signature bowls.
As I have not tried Koshary before, I decided to go for the Classic Koshary which is a national and popular street food in Egypt.
Interestingly, this dish combines Italian, Indian and Middle Eastern ingredients where you have mixed rice, macaroni and lentils topped with tomato sauce, garlic vinegar and fried onions.
I wasn't sure what to expect, but as a carbs lover, I liked all these elements and it was simply delicious.
The rice was really aromatic because it has been mixed with onion oil that was used to deep fry the crispy onions and the spicy tomato sauce and herbs including dill made it really appetizing.
It was really good that the garlic vinaigrette came in a tub so I could taste it with and without as well as adding it accordingly.
The crispy fried onions on top was the star of the show because it gave it an overall delicious crunch whilst having this perfect sweet fried onion taste.
You could taste the onions were freshly fried and just right as they were not bitter.
Overall, I am so glad I tried this dish.
Rating: 5/5



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...