Friday, March 04, 2022

Lamb shank with red wine and rosemary sauce at IKEA

I have always wanted to try the Lamb shank from Ikea but it wasn't available on my last visit.
On this visit for the funfetti cake and vegan strips I ended up getting the lamb shank as the cakes were not available.
The texture of the lamb shank was soft and gelatinous and came off the bone nicely.
There was some bone barrow in the bone as well.
The only let down was the taste, it was tasteless because the meat didn't really absorb the sauce.
Tasting the watery sauce separately, I just found it rather sweet.
Adding salt, mustard and vinegar helped made it taste better.
You can get mash or chips which came with it but I didn't fancy either.



Cake offerings:



Complimentary PG tea:
Strangely it just tastes different to the ones you buy at the supermarket.
I tried both the decaff and the regular one and they just tasted different.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...