Monday, March 14, 2022

Light meal at Middle Eastern Restaurant

I always visit London Road on the West side of Croydon as it offers so much international offerings ranging from Jamaican to Middle Eastern food along with interesting multi national food shops and Turkish supermarkets.
The other day, I spotted some interesting food pictures at the window for Middle Eastern Restaurant and the rice looked intriguing with noodles on top so I went in and had a look.
In the cabinet, there were skewers and skewers of meat which looked captivating.
The guy there was really friendly and explained the different dishes they offered and showed me their Okra soup.
As a curious foodie, I went back the next day and tried the rice with okra soup.
Before I was served, the guy gave me some lentil soup to try.
It was yellow in colour with a silky thick texture, I remember having this before at another restaurant but the taste of this was seriously good as it had a strong chicken taste blended with the lentils which made it smooth and comforting.
Next came the rice and soup.
The rice was pretty much how I expected it to taste however it was mildly flavoured and the noodles on top were surprisingly sweet in taste.
I think I heard him say the rice was flavoured by lamb but I am not quite sure.
The okra soup which I believe is Bamia soup had a rich tomato taste however I think the okra had been stewed for quite a while that it has lost its viscocity.
Overall, it was such a friendly place and food is worth trying.
Will return for the chicken livers.

Middle Eastern Restaurant Croydon:
55 London Rd, Croydon CR0 2TB

Lentil soup

okra soup

rice
The menu






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...