Saturday, March 05, 2022

Pie Mash and chippy Chips at Something Fishy

I was on another pie mash quest this weekend and I had two choices in mind. Brook's in Dagenham or Something Fishy in Lewisham.
Something Fishy is actually a fish and chip shop that makes their own pie mash as well.
I decided to go to Something Fishy as I fancied some chips.
You cannot miss this restaurant on the high street because their signs and decor are loud and clear.
I loved the 1970s fixed seats and tables which give it a nice nostalgic touch and the fact that this place has been here for years.
Moving on to the food, I felt that the beef filling was rather bland and the pastry was underbaked.
The liquor was also bland with the usual cornstarch consistency.
Adding pepper and vinegar helped a bit but not much.
The chips on the other hand were amazing but when I saw fresh batch going in I felt the fresh blonde batch would have fared better being piping hot and freshly fried.
Overall, I would give 10/10 for the chips buts there was a oil aftertaste to it but compromised with sauces.
I managed to try chips with liquor which is something I have always wanted to try from BJ's pie mash in East Ham but everytime I go it is always sold out.
They use JJ Foodservice sauces so I got to try all the sauces in the range.
The tomato ketchup and chilli sauce were really good especially the tomato ketchup which is nice and tangy.
The burger sauce was not to my liking as I found it too sweet.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...