Tuesday, January 07, 2020

[Review] Possibly the best pasta at Padella London Bridge

Pastas restaurants are trending especially when they specialize in freshly made pasta of all shapes and sizes cooked in different ways.

There are many notable pastas restaurants out there like Bancone but Padella is different as it is affordable.
It is located next to Borough Market in the heart of a food market!

Padella is so successful that they will open another branch at the end of Feb in Shoreditch.
In the meantime, get there early as there are always queues of people!

The menu is simple and concise.
My choices were easy, Gnocchi and the tagliarini with anchovy butter.
Gnocchi is one of my favourite pastas and tagliarini is a must because I like anything thin like capellini as it hangs the sauce well.
Had Malfade been a choice, then it would have been difficult as the frilly edges hang sauce to it as well.

There was salt and pepper available but the pasta was tasty so it was not needed.
Water was also provided.

Tagliarini with anchovy butter & pangrattato:
Started with the Tagliarini with anchovy butter & pangrattato first as I was really hungry.
The salty notes really hit me but then it was addictive as each strand of pasta was so moreish.


Gnocchi with nutmeg butter:
I didn't know what to expect from this but when I put the first piece in my mouth I was shocked how soft and pillowly it was.
They were dreamily delicious with fluffy potatoes in it unlike other gnocchi which are just firm and lack potato taste.

The bill came to about 10 pounds which was an absolute deal.
Although I only tried the two cheapest pastas I was really satisfied with taste so I was happy.
In terms of portion, it is not big which means you can try more pastas in one visit to satisfy your pasta cravings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...